(GMM) Jacques Villeneuve says BMW cannot ignore his 2006 contract, even though Peter Sauber - and not the new team owner - signed it.
Asked if the French Canadian and 1997 champ was '100 per cent confirmed' for the new collaboration, 34-year-old JV replied: ''(It's) never been a doubt as far as I'm concerned.''
Villeneuve reckons only one or two things would have given the Munich carmaker grounds for asking him to go -- if Sauber had gone bankrupt, or a contract clause.
''There was no clause concerning that in my contract,'' Jacques told ITV, while it is clear that Sauber is selling up as a going concern.
'JV' says he 'lucked into' the BMW scenario.
''When I signed with Sauber I didn't sign because of the BMW deal,'' he explained, ''because I didn't know that was going to happen. I'm very happy.''
Written: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 13:58:52
- July 16, 2010'Villeneuve Racing' F1 rumours
- February 09, 2010Petrov seat in doubt?
- December 02, 2009Lotus announcement soon
- May 04, 2009Villeneuve to launch own driving school
- October 17, 2008Villeneuve: Kubica deserves the title
- February 19, 2008Ralf to DTM
- January 22, 2008Jacques uncle in snowmobile crash
- December 23, 2006DTM's Audi eyes Villeneuve for 2007
- November 19, 2006Nascar deal for Villeneuve still possible
- November 13, 2006Villeneuve to NASCAR unlikely
- (September 07, 2005)View all headlines from this date