(GMM) Although now out of hospital, former GP winner Heinz-Harald Frentzen could also find himself out of the DTM category.
The German, 38, who crashed heavily at the Hockenheim finale last weekend, will not return in the German tin-top category for Opel next year, as the carmaker has vowed to quit.
With few options in Germany, then, Heinz-Harald - who won races for Williams and Jordan in a 160 grand prix career but has failed to shine in touring cars - may turn to the open wheel Champ Car option.
''It is not a secret that I would gladly drive in America,'' he told the 'SID' agency.
Written: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 00:49:09
- October 30, 2005Frentzen in open-wheel return
- October 25, 2005Frentzen in intensive care
- December 15, 2003Frentzen Confirms Open-Wheeler Exit
- December 12, 2003Frentzen Tipped For F1 Retirement
- November 24, 2003Frentzen Sees A Future In Yellow
- October 31, 2003No Indy Switch On Frentzen Cards
- October 28, 2003Frentzen Considering Indy Move
- October 15, 2003Frentzen Eyes Up Jaguar Drive
- October 14, 2003Seat Available For Frentzen At Jordan
- October 10, 2003Frentzen Looks To A Future With A Roof
- (October 30, 2005)View all headlines from this date