(GMM) McLaren is expected to announce a new major sponsorship with Dubai's 'Emirates' airline for the 2006 season.
To plug the gap left by departed tobacco sponsor 'West', but before new title sponsor Vodafone joins next year, a 2006-only arrangement will probably be outlined at a press conference on Wednesday.
According to media sources, Emirates' deal - to be unveiled at the Hotel Schweizerhof in Berlin - is worth an estimated $20-25m to the Ron Dennis-led F1 squad.
The sponsorship might explain the prominent bright red on the wings of McLaren's new chrome livery, with the colour being a feature of Emirates' corporate logo.
Written: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 10:29:51
- May 26, 2012Schumacher pole, but penalised
- May 24, 2012Button Top in Wet P2
- May 12, 2012Hamilton excluded from qualfying
- May 12, 2012Hamilton could lose Spain pole
- May 12, 2012Lewis on pole as Pastor stars
- April 13, 2012Hamilton gets China penalty
- March 24, 2012Another McLaren Front Row
- March 23, 2012McLaren best on Day 1
- March 18, 2012Button wins in Melbourne
- March 16, 2012Friday Practice - Curious Results!
- (March 08, 2006)View all headlines from this date