Mar.11 (GMM) Gerhard Berger has denied reports that he is considering selling the Toro Rosso team to Michael Schumacher.
Berger, the former ten time grand prix winner who owns half of the Faenza based team, rejected long time Schumacher manager Willi Weber's recent claim that the seven time world champion might see team ownership as his future.
"I know nothing about it and nobody has spoken with me about it," the Austrian veteran told the newspaper Kleinen Zeitung.
A relative newcomer to the team ownership game, Berger said it would make "no sense" to buy and sell the Toro Rosso squad so quickly.
He added: "But you should also ask (team co-owner) Didi (Mateschitz)."
Written: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 12:57:56
- December 14, 2011Ricciardo and Vergne for STR
- November 26, 2010Ricciardo to drive Toro Rosso on Fridays
- November 23, 2010Buemi to make way for Ricciardo debut in 2011?
- July 22, 2010Red Bull confirms Hartley ousting
- July 15, 2010Toro Rosso confirms same drivers
- November 10, 2009Toro Rosso confirms Buemi
- October 09, 2009Loeb off the pace in Jerez GP2 test
- July 20, 2009Toro Rosso confirms Alguersuari
- July 12, 2009Alguersuari 'ready' to step in
- July 01, 2009Red Bull makes F1 reserve driver change
- (March 11, 2007)View all headlines from this date