Apr.2 (GMM) Budget Malaysian airline AirAsia has confirmed reports that it reached a three year sponsorship deal with the formula one team Williams.
Eagle-eyed observers at the Australian GP last month spotted the Kuala Lumpur-based company's bright red logo on the front of the drivers' helmets.
"AirAsia believes in branding and believes in return of investments," AirAsia's chief executive Tony Fernandes is quoted as saying by Gulf Daily News.
The deal was apparently signed at Williams' Oxfordshire (UK) base just prior to the first race of the 2007 season.
Written: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 08:03:39
- June 08, 2012Williams aggressive approach
- May 13, 2012Schumacher docked five places
- May 13, 2012Williams fire - update
- May 13, 2012Fire at Williams
- May 13, 2012Maldonado Wins in Spain!
- May 12, 2012Hamilton excluded from qualfying
- May 12, 2012Hamilton could lose Spain pole
- May 12, 2012Lewis on pole as Pastor stars
- March 02, 2012Sir Frank to Step Down from Board
- February 24, 2012Day three at Barcelona
- (April 02, 2007)View all headlines from this date