Apr.14 (GMM) Prodrive plans to unveil the structure of its new formula one team at the British grand prix this year.
After making a business trip to nearby Kuwait, team boss David Richards is in Bahrain this weekend, and he explained to reporters that F1 news about Prodrive had dried up recently because he was busy working on his buyout of Aston Martin.
"But we are perfectly on target," the Briton, still wearing his trademark designer stubble, said.
It is rumoured that McLaren and Mercedes could supply both car and engine to the Prodrive team in 2008, but Richards was giving little away on Friday.
He said a "full announcement" was being prepared for Silverstone, including suppliers, sponsors and even a driver lineup.
Richards ruled out re-branding the team as Aston Martin next year, but said his two outfits might cooperate in the future.
"Who knows? Five years down the line it might be appropriate," he said, insisting that Aston Martin's immediate future is in sports cars.
Written: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 09:36:51
- April 16, 2010Prodrive - No F1 bid
- August 20, 2009Two more new teams for 2010?
- August 10, 2009FIA re-opens door
- August 03, 2009Prodrive also unhappy with FIA
- June 12, 2009Prodrive disappointed to be left out
- June 03, 2009Mercedes ready to help
- May 29, 2009Prodrive set for 2010 F1 entry
- May 27, 2009Richards still undecided
- May 19, 2009Richards undecided on 2010
- May 03, 2009Richards undecided over F1 team identity
- (April 14, 2007)View all headlines from this date