Apr.25 (GMM) Reports in America suggest that Champ Car sensation Sebastien Bourdais is set to test again for the Toro Rosso team in July.
The Frenchman and triple Champ Car title winner, who is leading the open wheeler series' standings once again this year, tested for the Italian team in the recent winter period and some suggest that a race deal for 2008 could already have been penned.
A report in the Orange County Register read: "He has another test scheduled with the (Toro Rosso) team this summer."
The publication claims that Bourdais, 28, has said that if Toro Rosso's offer of a race seat "is right, he will take the job, knowing that at his age, this will likely be his last chance to make it to F1."
Alongside Felipe Massa, Bourdais is newly managed by Nicolas Todt, the son of Ferrari's team boss Jean Todt. Ferrari supplies engines to the Scuderia Toro Rosso outfit.
Another report, in the Florida publication St. Petersburg Times, reads: "Bourdais' test with Scuderia Toro Rosso in December earned him a second test in July."
F1 teams will test at Spa-Francorchamps in July.
Written: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 09:13:54
- September 02, 2009Bourdais joins Superleague
- July 21, 2009Monday F1 news briefs
- July 17, 2009Bourdais considers legal action
- July 16, 2009Bourdais out, Alguersuari in
- July 13, 2009Alguersuari heads to Hungary
- July 12, 2009Alguersuari 'ready' to step in
- July 11, 2009Bourdais' seat in immediate doubt
- May 15, 2009Pantano linked with STR
- May 10, 2009Sunday quotes: Toro Rosso
- April 17, 2009Friday quotes: Toro Rosso
- (April 26, 2007)View all headlines from this date