Jun.21 (GMM) Kimi Raikkonen ran at the Silverstone test on Wednesday, declaring that "a lot depends" on the success of a new aerodynamic package for Ferrari's F2007 single seater.
Reports emerging from Germany, meanwhile, suggest that the famous team's mid-season slump could be linked with a major problem in the sole Maranello wind tunnel.
It is reported that the facility's rolling road broke at full speed just prior to the Spanish grand prix, causing significant damage.
Perhaps not coincidentally, the F2007 failed to win any of the three races subsequent to Barcelona.
It is not known if the tunnel is back up and running at full capacity even now, but Finn Raikkonen refused to admit that the season is a write off.
He said at Silverstone, where sporadic rain spoiled afternoon proceedings for the nine teams in attendance: "We have a new aerodynamic package and some other things (here).
"One thing is for sure: we really need better results at the upcoming two GPs than we got in North America," Raikkonen, 27, added.
Written: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 08:41:47
- May 28, 2012Webber Masters Monaco
- May 12, 2012Lewis on pole as Pastor stars
- March 05, 2012Lotus looks good in Barcelona
- February 08, 2012Raikkonen back in style!
- January 11, 2012Kimi gets pre season run
- November 29, 2011Raikkonen signs for Lotus
- November 26, 2011Raikkonen for Renault?
- September 23, 2011Raikkonen Returns?
- August 22, 2011Raikkonen to test Le Mans Peugeot
- October 29, 2010No F1 return for Kimi
- (June 21, 2007)View all headlines from this date