Dec.7 (GMM) After testing for Force India on Thursday, Ralf Schumacher acknowledged that it may have been his last time at the wheel of a formula one car.
At the end of eleven seasons in the sport with Jordan, Williams and Toyota, the winner of six grands prix said at Jerez: "It is not planned that I will drive for Force India in 2008."
Schumacher, 32, endured a difficult day at the wheel of Spyker's re-liveried 2007 car, including an hydraulic problem and two spins.
He was also the slowest of the 20 testers on duty, and more than six tenths off the pace of the other Force India contender, Vitantonio Liuzzi.
The German told reporters late on Thursday that he has been contemplating the possible end of his career since the middle of the 2007 season.
"I do not believe that next year I will be here (at Force India)," Schumacher is quoted as saying by the German press.
"It looks as though that was my last ride in a F1 car.
"I now have to consider what is best for me. Maybe it means I will stay at home," Ralf added.
"Of course I am not blindly slamming the door, but it (any offer) would really have to make sense."
The 2007 testing year concludes at the Spanish circuit on Friday, although McLaren and Renault will not be in action after already reaching their 30,000km annual mileage limits.
Written: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 10:07:35
- December 30, 2009Ralf Schumacher Toro Rosso rumours
- April 06, 2009Hamilton 'not the first liar' in F1
- February 19, 2008Ralf to DTM
- January 18, 2008Ralf to pen Mercedes DTM deal
- January 15, 2008 Ralf to test DTM car
- December 07, 2007Ralf - F1 career could be over
- December 06, 2007Smoothly goes Kubica
- November 11, 2007Gascoyne threat to quit over Ralf
- October 21, 2007Sunday quotes: Toyota
- October 20, 2007Friday quotes: Toyota
- (December 07, 2007)View all headlines from this date