Apr.1 (GMM) Nico Rosberg's fears about fading light combined with heavy rain look set to be realised at the Malaysian grand prix this weekend.
"If the monsoon comes down, the race is going to have to be stopped," the German driver said this week.
The Malaysian Meteorological Department is predicting thunderstorms at Sepang all week, worsening between Friday and Sunday.
Combined with the 5pm start, to better suit the bulk European TV audience, there is a risk the skies above the Sepang circuit could be very dark.
"I hope for a safe race but on Monday it rained heavily during the predicted race duration," track boss Razlan Razali told the local Star newspaper.
Written: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 08:12:16
- April 03, 2010Qualifying red flagged
- April 01, 2010Monsoon hits Sepang on Thursday
- April 01, 2010Johnny Herbert to be F1 steward
- March 31, 2010Rain for Malaysia?
- September 15, 2009Lotus name to return in 2010
- April 04, 2009Malaysia - it's raining
- April 01, 2009Heavy rain for Malaysia
- January 28, 2009Malaysia agrees to 'twilight' race
- March 23, 2008UpdateF1 Live
- March 23, 2008New rule to prevent slow cars in qualifying
- (April 01, 2009)View all headlines from this date