Fernando Alonso (P9/P19):
"Although we are at the bottom of the timesheets, I don't think we should be too worried as we concentrated more on race configuration today. Tomorrow morning in the third free practice session we will be preparing for qualifying and so I think we can remain optimistic for the rest of the weekend.
"We need to try to reach Q3, as we did in Malaysia, and aim to score as many points as possible. I think overall today we struggled to find the right set-up, but even looking at the times, we still have high hopes for this weekend."
Nelson Piquet (P20/P16):
"The track conditions were quite poor early on but later in the day things were a bit better. We improved the car between the two sessions, but we still need to find more performance and I'm still not totally happy with the set-up. So we still have a lot of work to do tomorrow morning to make sure we get the most from qualifying."
Written: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 18:51:42
- July 22, 2012Alonso wins in Germany
- July 08, 2012Alonso on pole
- May 26, 2012Schumacher pole, but penalised
- May 26, 2012Rosberg tops final practice
- May 24, 2012Button Top in Wet P2
- May 24, 2012Alonso top in P1
- May 13, 2012Maldonado Wins in Spain!
- May 12, 2012Lewis on pole as Pastor stars
- May 02, 2012Alonso fastest on day 1
- March 25, 2012Alonso wins in Malaysia!