Mar.31 (GMM) After monsoonal rain halted running during last year's twilight Malaysian grand prix, afternoon thunderstorms are again forecast for the 2010 edition at Sepang.
The race time has at least been brought forward from 5pm to 4pm for this weekend's race outside Kuala Lumpur, after the grand prix last year ended in near-darkness.
But the threat of late afternoon rain, in unbearable humidity and high temperatures, has again been a feature in and around the city so far this week.
Mercedes' Norbert Haug said: "This climate is the greatest challenge for
the teams, cars and drivers."
The same sort of weather is forecast throughout the weekend, although the chance of very heavy rain is mercifully smaller for the decisive qualifying and race sessions on Saturday and Sunday.
Written: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 09:07:06
- April 03, 2010Qualifying red flagged
- April 01, 2010Monsoon hits Sepang on Thursday
- April 01, 2010Johnny Herbert to be F1 steward
- March 31, 2010Rain for Malaysia?
- September 15, 2009Lotus name to return in 2010
- April 04, 2009Malaysia - it's raining
- April 01, 2009Heavy rain for Malaysia
- January 28, 2009Malaysia agrees to 'twilight' race
- March 23, 2008UpdateF1 Live
- March 23, 2008New rule to prevent slow cars in qualifying
- (March 31, 2010)View all headlines from this date