Mar.31 (GMM) Johnny Herbert will be the driver steward on duty at this weekend's Malaysian grand prix.
The Jean Todt-led initiative, with experienced former drivers sitting alongside the regular F1 stewards, is designed to give credibility and bring a new relevant perspective to their decisions.
Alain Prost kicked off the scheme in Bahrain, followed by 8-time Le Mans winner Tom Kristensen for last weekend's Australian grand prix.
Also touted for appearances in 2010 are Nigel Mansell, Heinz-Harald Frentzen, Damon Hill and Alex Wurz.
45-year-old Briton Herbert won three grands prix during his F1 career spanning 165 races until 2000.
His last role in F1 was as sporting relations manager with Jordan and Midland in 2005/6.
Written: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 08:22:07
- November 01, 2010Herbert is Brazil driver steward
- April 01, 2010Johnny Herbert to be F1 steward
- September 28, 2006Johnny Herbert loses MF1 job
- January 20, 2006Herbert on Midland and Monteiro
- July 28, 2005Herbert joins Jordan
- December 22, 2003F1 Without The B*llshit
- (April 01, 2010)View all headlines from this date