Apr.1 (GMM) With the F1 circus bustling around the Sepang paddock late on Thursday afternoon, the skies opened.
There was thunder, lightening, and reams of driving rain, and similar conditions - rain in the late afternoon after a hot and humid day - have been observed in and around Kuala Lumpur for the past few days.
Moreover, local forecasts say the weather is staying put for the remainder of the week and the weekend, with a particularly high chance of rain around 4pm -- precisely the same time scheduled for qualifying and the race.
"The rain is expected to start around 4pm and normally lasts two hours," said a spokesman of the Malaysian Meteorological Department.
Written: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 15:33:57
- April 03, 2010Qualifying red flagged
- April 01, 2010Monsoon hits Sepang on Thursday
- April 01, 2010Johnny Herbert to be F1 steward
- March 31, 2010Rain for Malaysia?
- September 15, 2009Lotus name to return in 2010
- April 04, 2009Malaysia - it's raining
- April 01, 2009Heavy rain for Malaysia
- January 28, 2009Malaysia agrees to 'twilight' race
- March 23, 2008UpdateF1 Live
- March 23, 2008New rule to prevent slow cars in qualifying
- (April 01, 2010)View all headlines from this date