The first round of the 2010 Formula Three Euroseries came from Paul Ricard in France this weekend.
Race one was won by former GP2 racer Eduardo Mortara of Signature who has dropped back down to Formula Three after winning last Novembers Macau Grand Prix.
He started fifth on the grid but jumped to second on the first lap before passing pole sitter Daniel Juncadella on his debut for Prema Power Team for the lead on lap four, Juncadella then lost second to Macro Wittmann who made it a Signature 1-2 at the end of the race, with Alexander Sims of ART also passing Juncadella late on to claim third.
Championship favourite Vallteri Bottas of ART finished ninth after a drive through penalty for not lining up in his grid box correctly.
1. Eduardo Mortara Signature D/V 36m15.649s
2. Marco Wittmann Signature D/V +0.788
3. Alexander Sims ART D/M +6.036
4. Daniel Juncadella Prema D/M +10.923
5. Roberto Merhi Mucke D/M +21.151
6. Adrian Quaife-Hobbs Motopark D/V +27.346
7. Jim Pla ART D/M +28.130
8. Antonio Felix da Costa Motopark D/V +32.912
9. Valtteri Bottas ART D/M +38.787
10. Matias Laine Motopark D/V +47.603
In race two Alexander Sims started sixth on the reversed grid, still won. He stormed through to second early in the race before passing Mucke driver Roberto Merhi on lap seven to steak to an comfortable win.
On the last lap Mortara took second place with a three wide pass on Merhi in second and Wittmann in third, with Wittmann also following through to relegate the Spanish driver to fourth.
Bottas had another bad race, failing to make progess from ninth on the grid early on, like Sims and Mortara did. He eventually struggled to sixth place to score a single point from the weekend.
1. Alexander Sims ART D/M 26m56.953s
2. Edoardo Mortara Signature D/V + 7.477s
3. Marco Wittmann Signature D/V + 8.557s
4. Roberto Merhi Mucke D/M + 9.519s
5. Laurens Vanthoor Signature D/V + 10.338s
6. Valtteri Bottas ART D/M + 11.615s
7. Daniel Juncadella Prema D/M + 14.501s
8. Antonio Felix da Costa Motopark D/V + 16.665s
9. Adrian Quaife-Hobbs Motopark D/V + 17.328s
10. Nicolas Marroc Prema D/M + 18.581s
E. Mortara 15
2 A. Sims 12
3 M. Wittmann 12
4 R. Merhi 7
5 D. Juncadella 6
6 A. Quaife-Hobbs 3
7 L. Vanthoor 2
8 J. Pla 2
9 V. Bottas 1
10 A. Felix da Costa 1
Written: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 20:55:42
- November 20, 2011Daniel Juncadella wins Macau
- October 06, 2011Macau GP entry list
- August 14, 2011Mehri wins FIA F3 Trophy
- December 11, 2010International F3 launched
- November 21, 2010Mortara wins Macau again
- July 20, 2010Williams tester Bottas eyes F1 debut in 2012
- July 07, 2010ART withdraws bid for 2011 F1 debut
- July 06, 2010Junior round up 3/4 July
- May 23, 2010Junior round up 22/23 May
- April 11, 2010Euroseries F3: Round 1
- (April 11, 2010)View all headlines from this date