Marussia test driver Maria de Villota has been seriously injured in a testing crash today.
She was taking part in a straight line test at Duxford Airfield in Cambridge when the accident happened.
The team confirmed that her car crashed at low speed with a stationary service vehicle.
The East of England Ambulance Service was called to the scene and they issued a statement saying: A woman has sustained life threatening injuries and following treatment at the scene by paramedics, she has been taken to Addenbrookes Hospital for further care.
Later in the day Marussia issued a statement containing more positive news regarding her condition. Maria is conscious and medical assessments are ongoing. The team will await the outcome of these assessments before providing further comment. The teams first priority at this time is Maria and her family.
Written: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 21:28:57
- July 04, 2012Maria de Villota update
- July 03, 2012Maria de Villota injured
- June 24, 2012Glock to skip race
- February 27, 2012Marussia fail crash test
- February 21, 2012Barcelona Test
- (July 03, 2012)View all headlines from this date