Marussia have issued a statement regarding the ongoing progress of test driver Maria de Villota.
The news is not as positive as we hoped, as the statement from Team Principal John Booth has confirmed that de Villota has lost the use of her right eye.
Surgeons underwent a lengthy procedure last night running into this morning in an attempt to address the head and facial injuries she suffered in the testing crash on Tuesday.
Booth went on to say that "We are grateful for the medical attention that Maria has been receiving and her family would like to thank the Neurological and Plastics surgical teams,"
"Marias care and the well-being of her family remain our priority at this time. Her family are at the hospital and we are doing everything possible to support them.!
Written: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 16:47:12
- July 04, 2012Maria de Villota update
- July 03, 2012Maria de Villota injured
- June 24, 2012Glock to skip race
- February 27, 2012Marussia fail crash test
- February 21, 2012Barcelona Test
- (July 04, 2012)View all headlines from this date