Mark Webber has agreed a new one year deal with Red Bull, ending speculation that he was sent to move to Ferrari.
The deal means that Red Bulls will retain the same line up of Webber and double World Champion Sebastien Vettel in 2013.
It was also confirmed that Webber had held talks with Ferrari but turned them down to stay with the team.
This sends Ferrari back to the drawing board with regards to Fernando Alonso team mate, to replace the seemingly departing Felipe Massa, despite his recent upturn in form.
With Webber mow staying at Red Bull, Robert Kubica looking increasingly unlikely to be making a return, and Sergio Perez previously called too inexperienced.
In my opinion things seem to be falling into place for Lewis Hamilton to make the jump from McLaren.
He is out of contract at the end of this season, and after the British Grand Prix said the team were a long way away from challenging Red Bull and Ferrari.
Written: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 18:27:52
- July 21, 2012Webber and Rosberg get penalties
- July 10, 2012Webber extends Red Bull deal
- May 28, 2012Webber Masters Monaco
- May 26, 2012Schumacher pole, but penalised
- May 24, 2012Button Top in Wet P2
- May 24, 2012Alonso top in P1
- March 18, 2012Button wins in Melbourne
- February 09, 2012Day 2 at Jerez
- November 27, 2011Vettel makes it 15!
- November 25, 2011Hamilton tops P2
- (July 10, 2012)View all headlines from this date